- If you are a member of a youth
group (Girl/Boy Scouts, church, etc.) you can count hours doing
volunteer service with these groups. Please note that time spent
attending meetings does not count.
- Volunteer time at local animal
- Help the elderly, disabled, and
homeless in the community by providing yard work, household tasks, food,
- Help with activities at assisted living
facilities, hospitals or daycare centers.
- Mentor, tutor or coach young
- Provide volunteer services to help
- Help with Church activities such
as Caritas, acolyte, or any other volunteer activity.
- Participate in neighborhood cleanups,
recycling programs, and other efforts to protect our environment and
- Assist with RMS special events.
- Serve as trainer/helper for RMS
sports teams or other community based programs.
- Assist the PTA with its many
programs that help RMS.
- Volunteer service is counted if
your service is provided free (no monetary or other compensation
- Students must have at least 20
hours of volunteer service during the year to be recognized under the
- A supervising adult must sign each entry on the log.
- RSVP volunteer service will be
counted from May 1 through April 30 of each school year.
- No service to anyone in your
immediate or extended family can be counted.
- The organization for which
services are provided must be included on the form for hours to be
- The RSVP logs must be turned in at
the respective due dates in order to be eligible for the end of period
incentives (gift card).
- Look for
deadlines in the RMS newsletter and/or RMS website.*